Monday, December 13, 2010

Family Day: Dateline Nanchang December 12, 2010

We boarded our flight from Hong Kong to Nanchang around 11:30 am on the 12th and during our hour flight our stewardesses had not only done a brief beverage service, but had also served a hot meal.  We were greeted at the airport by CC and Evelyn our agency reps.  More on them later, but for now let me just say they are the best!

It was raining and we had a quick walk to our bus using hotel umbrellas.  During the ride to the hotel were were given our itinerary and were told that we would be receiving the babies at 5:00 pm.  My heart started to race - the big day was finally here. Our daughters who until now were abstractions made up of brief reports and a few photos were about to become real flesh and blood children.  

When we got to the hotel we checked in - our room is very nice with a big bathroom and a little area with a counter and fridge.  Larry took some video of the room before we destroyed it.  We will post some later.  As soon as we were unloaded we went down for our briefing.  Evelyn and CC were very good at conveying a lot of information quickly.  We were about half way through we the back door opened and someone holding a little girl in red peeked in.  I was certain it was one of the girls.  My ability to absorb any more of what was said was shot.  So I took notes and hoped they would make sense later.  

We were told to go up to our rooms and then come back down.  When we came out of the room a beautiful little girl in a red Chinese outfit was walking with her nanny - I just knew it was one of the girls.  We raced up stairs and then back down.  When we walked into the room I was so close to bursting into tears.  There were our daughters they looked like little Chinese Christmas elves with their little jeweled hats and Chinese silks.  We both took a daughter into our arms and the love that I had for those little abstract photo children grew even bigger.  I never knew how much love I could have - my love for Larry takes up so much room that I know my heart must have tripled in size to hold all three.  My family is now complete.

Susanne

10 comments:

  1. Admittedly, I've had to wipe a few tears reading this blog. I feel connected as the mother of a XinYu daughter, but also as a twin myself. I can't imagine how it would have felt for those sweet babies to have been split up! Thank you for your huge heart that found enough room to love not one, but two!! The fun is just beginning! I pray for good health, and safe travels! ~Mama to Yu Xin Fang-Lydia Joy Grimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful; you have permission to cry. How often do we cry happy tears, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! We are terribly happy for you. We can't wait for our Sophie to meet the girls.

    Stacy and Jason Shine
    FCC Gainesville

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your two little girls are adorable, real dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Susanne, I'm so happy for you. Everytime I read your posts you have me in tears. Enjoy those little girls they are absolutely beautiful and I know you and Larry will complete their life as they have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanne and Larry, CONGRATULATIONS! God has truly blessed you with two beautiful little girls. What a precious gift for such wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray! It's wonderful to see those precious little ones in your arms. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Susanne... i'm very very happy for you.. you'll be a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I have goosebumps and am crying very happy tears after reading your post. What a beautiful forever family of four!
    The McDonalds
    FCC Gville

    ReplyDelete