Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Last night the hubby and I packed up their school supplies and put out a "first day" outfit (jumpers, button up blouses, socks and their new Twinkle Toe shoes).  Today was the big day - my girls have crossed the threshold and are now officially in Kindergarten.  They woke us up at 5:15 am.  We had them snuggle with us till almost six and then got rolling.  Both girls took a shower - they had paint in their hair from the pottery painting on Saturday.  Then Rose tried to surprise me by picking out a first school day outfit (really short purple shorts and a tank top) - unfortunately I had to change her into her school "uniform" clothes.  I dried both girls hair with a blow drier, braided Roni's per her request and after consulting with her left Rose's straight. The girls ate breakfast, we took official first day photos and we were off and running.


At school we had to wait in the hall till the bell rang and then daddy took Rose to her class and I took Roni to hers.  Roni went right away to her cubby, tucked away her back pack and went to her seat.  She had a coloring sheet that she went to work on after giving me a quick kiss and letting me get a photo.  Then I met daddy in the hall, he said Rose was already coloring.  I wanted to get her photo and tried to do so from the doorway, but another mother kept getting in the photo.  Finally I went in to say goodbye and took her photo.  Rose said, "I love you to the moon and stars and back again" and gave me a kiss.  


Roni - her seat is next to the window and the cubbies.



Rose - her seat is near the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment