Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One Last Day

Today was the girls last day being four.  Tomorrow we celebrate their birthday.  They have been really looking forward to turning five and while I am excited it is also a big milestone.  My babies are growing up - of course they have thought they were all grown up for months.  

Their cousin Zoe (who is eleven) came to spend the day with them.  Both girls got up at 5:00 am because they were so excited that she was coming. They had so much fun playing games, painting their nails (as well as mine) and putting on the make-up they had left over from when they went to Disney and did the pirate and mermaid make overs.  I got made up too - although somehow I wound with red lip gloss on my eyelids.  Then they played hide and seek with their studies and ran around outside blowing bubbles.  After lunch we went to the pool and swam till it rained.  

Needless to say they were down for the count by 6:30 pm which was great because it gave me time to wrap their presents and get a surprise from my wonderful hubby.  I told him the other day that I would like a new camera so I could get better photos for the blog.  I said you can get it for me for Christmas and tonight evidently we had Christmas in July.  I had a lot of reading to do so I can figure out how to use it.  Hopefully I'll figure it out by tomorrow for birthday pictures.

Meanwhile - it's kind of out of focus, but I love this photo - even though they look so grown up.










No comments:

Post a Comment